Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Day After Election Day

Dear Fellow Millennials,

For over a year I've been called every name in the book. Racist, uneducated, misinformed, skank, floozy, hillbilly, retarded, white trash, etc. I've even been threatened. I've lost many friends. The media says I'm dumb. The democrats called me deplorable. Mexicans think I hate them. Blacks think I'm a white devil. I've watched my fellow Americans get physically and brutally attacked. All I've ever done was support the candidate who shares my pro-life/pro-gun stance and not let the media brainwash me into being the idiot that they tried so hard to mold me into. So Yes, I will celebrate but I will not stoop to belittling, bullying or hating those who have chose differently than me. I will not unfriend you unless you give me a reason. I am not that type of person. The only way you'll be unfriended is if you disrespect me. Let's stop the hate, the POTUS has been elected, whether you agree or not is fine and your right, but we must stop hating. We all bleed red and are human, let's respect eachother. Whether you agree with him being president or not, he has been elected. Let's just respect eachother and see how this goes. WE must unite and be Americans, not hate filled bullies upset because it didn't go our way, or hate filled bullies happy it went our way because in truth we are so angry for being hated upon the last 2 years. Let's love eachother.


"I'm so sad. I might not have liked the presidential choices either, but I refuse to say anything that demeans them. I realize a lot of the country is upset. And you have the right to feel that way. Anyone has the right to feel any way they want to about this election. At least we all have the right to vote. We have the extraordinary right to elect the people who represent us. Is it infuriating sometimes? Of course. But our elected officials are also human and they can only get so much done in the time they are allotted. This is how democracy works. We choose to elect someone based on their qualifications. Am I saying I agree with those horrible things he's been caught saying? Of course not, but we have all been caught saying things we didn't mean to. Does that excuse them? Of course not, but he said those things many years ago and has hopefully learned his lesson. I came to this country because my mom wanted me to have a better life. And so I will always vote. Now more than ever is the time where we need to band together not separate ourselves from everyone who doesn't share our views. That's why compromises were invented. God bless America and God bless President Trump! I hope he does us proud." ~My Best Friend/Sister Kimi
She is right and I can't agree more. We really need to stop being hateful. The American people have spoken, that's what we are first AMERICANS. He was elected and no one can change that. Please stop being hateful, please stop thinking "what can we do to get him out of there?" Why not just give him a chance? If we can just stop being hateful, we can work better together. Did I like Obama? No. I haven't, but I didn't hurt or disrespect those who did. I didn't end friendships. I gave him a chance. We must do that. We need to unite and make the country better. I refuse to demean anyone who thinks differently than me. I refuse to stoop to the level of those who have treated me with hate, disgust and disrespect like they have to me. I am different than that. So please, everyone be kind. 

Attacking people physically and verbally, isn't being kind. Trying to attack Trump and say that you are getting him out, is not being kind. Just because you do not agree with the outcome, doesn't give you the right to do these things. It is immature to do these things, it's immature to unfriend someone who does like Trump. It's hateful and hurtful. We don't need to agree with eachother on who voted for whom, but we can all agree we are Americans first. We aren't republican or democrat, we are American first and need to start acting like it. 

You may not agree with Trump, I never agreed with Obama but gave him a chance. We need to give Trump a chance. He hasn't even begun, he could be one of the best presidents in history and we have already judged him. Give him some time and then judge his actions. Give him a chance. The American people have spoken, whether you agree with the outcome or not give it a chance, stop the judging of both him and those who sided with him, and be kind. That's the least people can ask for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment