Saturday, November 5, 2016

A Religious Message of Faith

Many of you know, I am a faithful follower of Jesus Christ and am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Today and tomorrow I have been blessed to attend Time Out For Women, an LDS conference for LDS women where inspirational speakers talk and give great stories and advice to learn from. 

I wrote this on my personal Facebook and now I am writing it here as a blog post, it's basically what I learned today: 

If you want to spread light, you must shine yourself. -Thomas S. Monson

When Tim Ballard spoke tonight at Time Out for Women, he spoke of how we are all a beacon spreading light for God, to help people from the darkness that they're in. He has helped save many children from sex trafficking all over the world and has given so much help, light and hope for people in the darkest areas of earth and humanity. Something he said went along the lines of this: sometimes we are scared to spread the light whether it's because we fear judgment, persecution or hate, don't be scared. You are protected by God's light and you are spreading it. 

During this time, it's hard to spread truth and light in a world out to persecute you for spreading His love. I'm learning that it doesn't matter what people think of you as long as you love others and be kind and spread the light to others. Spread God's love and light and He will give you strength to fight through the judgement.

Hilary Weeks spoke as well about how we are faced with a lot of trials. That things can be hard and sometimes God changes your path. Things happen that you don't plan for or want to happen, but God loves you and you will overcome. You may not be where YOU are wanting to be, but sometimes where you are at now may be better to help others the way god wants you to. I have learned this the hard way. My health turned for the worse in 2015, I'm now having to use a wheelchair to get around outside of the house. Sometimes there's days where I can barely move from fatigue. Sometimes it's the pain. Sometimes it's the side effects from The meds. Then there's days that I have that are a god send and I have very little pain, little fatigue, little side effects. These days are very few and far between, but I'm blessed when I have them. This wasn't what I planned. I couldn't imagine me being where I'm at right now 5 years ago. What I wanted to do changed, where I was going changed. God changed MY plans. Instead of going on to be a teacher, I went on to be a blogger, an inspirational writer and a helper. There's days where I question if I'm doing things right. If I'm being a beacon or if I'm not. There's times where I question my faith, where I question my spirituality. There's times where I am just like Dude God why? Why me? There's times where I fall from God and I admit, that it's hard to get back up but I do. I'm a sinner and I repent but EVERY TIME I get back up and keep going. "A Saint is a sinner who keeps on trying." Right now, I am going through a deeply hard spiritual time.  I Could've fallen and just walked away from my faith but more than ever I leaned on God and Christ. Without God and Christ, without my faith, I wouldn't be where I am at. Gosh some days I can't even imagine where God wants me to go or where he's leading me, but I know in the end it'll help me or someone else. I trust him because he's not going to give me a flood without a boat, he's not going to give me a challenge without help. 

In the end, God gives you challenges-things will ALWAYS get hard, God changes your path, but in the end you are the beacon of light and God will help you through your path so that you can spread the light and help yourself or others. 

#TOFWPortland #TOFW2016

No comments:

Post a Comment